Friday, May 21, 2010

New Jane Eyre Movie

I am very intrigued by this new Jane Eyre movie that is supposed to come out next year. So far I like the casting news:

Jamie Bell (a.k.a. Billy Elliot) as St. John Rivers


Seems a little young, but it could definitely work.

Sally Hawkins as Mrs. Reed


I love Sally Hawkins! Have you seen Happy-Go-Lucky? You should; it is an utterly charming film. She is also seems a bit young, but I think it will be great.

Mia Wasikowska as Jane Eyre


I don't know much about this actress (I didn't see Alice in Wonderland. But from the pictures I've seen of her, I think she's got the look! She's the right age, too.

Michael Fassbender as Mr. Rochester


As we all know, the casting of Mr. Rochester is the most important part of any Jane Eyre film adaptation. From the looks of this photo, I approve!

3 comments:

Bee said...

He is a bit more handsome than Rochester is supposed to be, but so was Toby Stephens. I rented Hunger when I heard that he'd been cast as Mr. R and was very impressed. I'm excited to see what he does with it!

Traxy said...

Yeah, St John looks like a teenager and it'll be a rather young Mrs Reed as well. Mia was great in "Defiance" from what I can remember, and Fassbender... well, he was fab in "Inglorious Basterds" and he got a good brood on in "Hex" so fingers crossed. He is a bit too handsome, admittedly, but hey... hard to play the part of Rochester and not be seen as swoonworthy. (Unless you're George C Scott - although there was a point when he's holding Bertha after the wedding where I almost warmed up to him. Almost.) Still, I'm excited about it can see the beginning of the review post before me already: "There was every possibility of going to the cinema that day." ;D

Holly said...

Why isn't Rochester ever ugly in the movies? I think 'twould be much more realistic!