Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Book Review: The Secret History of the Pink Carnation


The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig

I borrowed this book from Lindsey. I kept seeing it in book stores and thought it was a true story but that is why they have "A Novel" on the cover---for people like me.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this even though it was predictable. I would classify it as Bridget Jones writes a historical novel about a Bridget Jones two hundred years ago. The characters were fun, lively, and I found the story between Amy and Lord Richard endearing.

I am also amazed by Lauren Willig! She wrote this during law school and while getting her Ph.D! WOW! Willig also has another book in the series, The Masque of the Black Tulip and coming soon, The Deception of the Emerald Ring. I look forward to reading these as well, something I usually don't say.

Kim's Grade: A- Espionage, romance, and humor all wrapped up neat and tidy!

No comments: