Thursday, April 10, 2008

Book Review: Dark Lover


Since in the past I have ranted and raved about how much I hate the influx of vampire/paranormal stories into the romance genre, I was a little concerned that I had been too hasty in my condemnation when I discovered I loved a series of books about teenage vampires. So I decided to do a little experiment and yesterday I bought a vampire romance novel that is part of a series that has generated a lot of positive talk in the romance fan world.

Turns out, I'm still not crazy about vampires. The vampires in Dark Lover are very different from the ones in the Twilight series. Indeed, the whole vampire world is different.

I prefer the Twilight version.

Not that this book was bad. In fact, it was entertaining. But I couldn't help but think that I would have liked the vampire hero just as much if not more if he were human.

It's good to know that my original instincts were correct. Phew.

No comments: