Saturday, January 12, 2008

Book Review: A Kingdom of Dreams

I really enjoyed this book! It reminded me a lot of Julie Garwood's glory days. What romance fan doesn't love a story about a strong, brave warrior who just so happens to have a heart of gold and is vanquished by a woman?

Basically this book is about a young Scottish countess, Jennifer Merrick, who is kidnapped by soldiers of Royce Westmoreland, Earl of Claymore. Royce is a legendary English warrior nicknamed "The Black Wolf." Stories of his battlefield brutality abound. But of course, he is instantly captivated by the proud, stubborn, red-headed woman who is brought as a captive to his camp.

The story is pretty simplistic, but sometimes that's better. There's nothing absurd that gets in the way of the romance, and I appreciate that. I don't know why, but I didn't expect to like this book when I picked it up, so I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly and enthusiastically I finished the book.

Lindsey's Grade: A-

No comments: