Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nora Ephron and her Neck

I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman by Nora Ephron


When I read that Nora Ephron wrote When Harry Met Sally I knew I had to read more from her. There are too many classic moments in that movie and it remains one of my favorites. However, I'm not sure if I like reading that style. I mean, I can watch the movie just fine. The dialogue is smooth and everything flows but I had a difficult time reading the same style that is found in I Feel Bad About My Neck. I'll also admit that while I found the stories humorous I'm not THAT old. There I said it. I'm not at the age where I have children and those said children are eighteen. I'm not at the age where my significant other has potentially left me for another. I'm not at the age where I feel bad about my neck. So I couldn't relate well enough to the stories. This isn't to say that there are those of you out there that may find this book entertaining. I think it would make a nice theater experience. I think it would make a nice gift for my mother. I think I sold it back to Powell's on a recent trip--so I suppose I should end this review.

Kim's Grade: B Read if older than I.

No comments: