Monday, July 10, 2006

The "O" Face

I read another Harlequin Blaze this weekend, and no, I didn't buy this one at the grocery store although I easily could have. If you look closely at the cover of this book you'll notice the particular key that the woman is pointing to. Yep, it's an O. Yep, O as in orgasm.

This deep, insightful book was about a poor, poor woman who lost her ability to...well, you know. So she seeks out her first love to help her out since he's got a reputation of pleasing the ladies. Of course, they fall back in love and live happily ever after in the course of her sensual reawakening.

Books like this one just prove that romance novels - good romance novels anyway - are not all about sex. Because when an author writes a book that is centered around sex, it's not very satisfying (no pun intended). And the romance is a little unbelievable when they spend all their time in bed.

But this book wasn't all bad, because the writing was actually decent. And by writing I mean sentence structure and dialogue, because the plot was pretty lame.

Lindsey's Grade: C

2 comments:

Kym said...

(shaking my head) I just don't think this is bookshelf worthy material! And I even gave this book to you!!

Lindsey Lou said...

You're right, it's not worthy. But it is my sincerest hope that this post will serve as a warning to unsuspecting romance fans.