Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween!

Today I will get to see all kinds of costumes at school--like vampire princess. When did they start doing that? When she grows up this costume will most likely become slutty vampire princess, but for now she gets two in one. My other favorite costume this year is Hannah Montana---I didn't realize stars were popular costumes for children. I think I'll stick with Minnie Mouse.

There is a great review of Joe Hill's 20th Century Ghosts over at Powell's. This book recently received the Best New Horror label.

The Booktrust teenage prize went to a horror story this year. Lindsey has often wondered where all this vampire mania has come from since it seems to be everywhere.

NPR informed me that Tales from the Crypt is once again back in comic form. As if the HBO show wasn't bad enough.

There is a new book out for pet lovers. Dog Trick or Cat Treat: Pets Dress up for Halloween has close to 60 of the finest pet costume pictures out there. My dog Hayek isn't telling me about his costume but Keynes is going as Borat. For a dog, he does a wonderful impersonation of him.

No comments: