Saturday, April 15, 2006

BOOK BATTLES!! Round 1

VS.


Ok, granted I have not officially finished either of these books yet, I would just like to point out how similar their covers are!

I WILL NEVER FINISH "Seductress: Women who Ravished the World and Their Lost Art of Love" by Betsy Prioleau! BORING!! I am yawning just thinking about it! UGH! If you want to know the history behind ravishing women go ahead! Take the book from me! I will even ship the book straight to your door!

The top book, "In the Company of the Courtesan: A Novel" by Sarah Dunant is proving to be better, but when the plot is about a 16th c. Venetian whore and her dwarf what could be better! Besides, she makes fun of whore poetesses!! I would also like to point out that someone feels it is necessary to warn you that THIS IS IN FACT A NOVEL! As if placing the book in general fiction isn't enough!

Winner: Venetian whore + Dwarf

No comments: