Monday, April 17, 2006

BOOK BATTLES!! Round 3


VS.


Judith Levine's "Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping" has been a well-reviewed book since it came out last month. So I was looking forward to reading it and eagerly requested it from the library. Then I realized that I wasn't "buying" her argument.

Yeah, she paid off her credit card BUT she still bought high end food from a Co-Op where fruits and veg are expensive and felt items such as caviar and lox were necessary to serve at times! I didn't feel sorry for her, the book didn't make want to try her yearly experiment and I AM SO GLAD I DIDN'T FORK OVER 25 SMACKS FOR THIS BOOK!

Angela Nissel's "The Broke Diaries: The Completely True and Hilarious Midadventures of a Good Girl Gone Broke" was great! It was just what I thought Levine's book would be! Nissel is a script writer for Scrubs now and this book is hilarious!!!

Outcome: Nissel by a landslide!!

No comments: