Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Lindsey's Top Ten

Since I will do just about anything to avoid doing homework or studying for my fast-approaching final exams, I decided that I would do my own personal top ten lists. I don't think anyone will argue that the Equal Protection Clause, Hearsay rules of evidence, or a pesky little thing called legal ethics are more exciting than romance novels (okay, and other books, too). Am I right or am I right?

Top Ten Favorite Historical Romances
1. Ransom by Julie Garwood
2. Shanna by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss
3. Only Mine by Elizabeth Lowell
4. The Wedding by Julie Garwood
5. Winter Fire by Elizabeth Lowell
6. For The Roses by Julie Garwood
7. Slightly Dangerous by Mary Balogh
8. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orszy
9. Again the Magic by Lisa Kleypas
10. Secrets of a Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas

Top Ten Favorite Contemporary Romances
1. Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard
2. To Die For by Linda Howard
3. Mirror Image by Sandra Brown
4. Over the Edge by Suzanne Brockmann
5. Message From Nam by Danielle Steel (I'm counting this as a contemporary)
6. The Reef by Nora Roberts
7. Matchmakers, a novella from The Invitation by Jude Deveraux
8. French Silk by Sandra Brown
9. Simply Irresistable by Rachel Gibson
10. Love's Encore/Love Beyond Reason by Sandra Brown (I'm a total sucker for '80's romances!)

Top Ten Favorite Non-Romance Novels
1. Possession by A.S. Byatt
2. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
3. Fortune's Rocks by Anita Shreve
4. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
5. The Power of One by Bryce Courtney
6. Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
7. Resistance by Anita Shreve
8. Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen
9. Fluke: I Know Why the Winged Whale Sings by Christopher Moore
10. The Virginian by Owen Wister

And there you have it. Now, I complied these lists just now from memory, so I'm sure there will be other books that come to me later on.

No comments: