Friday, May 05, 2006

The Last Templar

The Last Templar by Raymond Khoury

I chose this book because it was on the NY Times Bestseller List (which we all know I like to read from) and it was in the library (beats paying 25 pigs for). Initially I was put off because it opens with the same quote the Templar Legacy does (See Book Wars posting). But being that the book is due and that I was struggling through my other read I opened it again.

Its a fast read (1/2 day) and I didn't think it was as predictable as the Templar Legacy. I liked that it brought the alchemist side of the Templars into view and that most of the plot happens in NYC versus Europe. This is Khoury's first book. He works as as a screenwriter and I feel that is very obvious when reading the book.

Kim's grade: B not really my kind of fiction

No comments: