Sunday, October 01, 2006

Book Review: Every Breath You Take

Every Breath You Take is only the second Judith McNaught book I've read, but I seemed to remember that I liked the last one, so I decided to pick this one up at Wal-Mart. Her writing reminds me a lot of Andrea Kane, only because the three Andrea Kane books I read all had really rich, handsome, powerful men as heroes (as did the other McNaught book I read) and this one was no different.

Basically the book involved two people, Mitchell and Kate, who meet on a Caribbean island and have a fling. But then Mitchell gets called back to the States when he gets a phone call telling him that his half-brother, who had been missing, was found dead. There's a whole bunch of other stuff going on, but the general gist is that the two lovers get their wires crossed and they each think that the other abandoned them. Hearts are broken.

The story takes a different turn once they're both back in Chicago, but I won't ruin it for ya'll. I will just say that the murder investigation of the half-brother seemed like it was going to be a big deal at the beginning of the book, but then it just kind of fizzled away as if it got in the way of telling Mitchell and Kate's story. But I was more interested in the love story so I really didn't care.

Overall I'd say it was a pretty satisfying read. There was a sneak peak in the back for her next book that is supposed to be about Kate's best friend. I'll probably read that one when it comes out. I'm calling it right now that the friend better hook up with the prosecutor from this book, Gray, because I liked him.

Lindsey's Grade: B+

No comments: