Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Book of the Day


You know those calendars where you rip off one a day? Well, I have one on books. Yes, I am a nerd. I even bought if for myself (a whopping $2). So, since I am behind on my reading I thought I would list today's book suggestion!

The Ig Nobel Prizes 2: An All-New Collection of the World's Unlikeliest Research by Marc Abrahams

"Think of the Ig Nobel awards as the Darwin Awards for science. Ig Nobels are bestowed by Abrahams, the editor and cofounder of the science humor magazine Annals of Improbable Research, for the most hare-brained 'scientific' schemes. How about this one: a study to learn if listening to elevator music can reduce your risk of catching a cold. 'So funny you couldn't make it up,' promises the Washington Post." --The Book Lover's Calendar

No comments: