Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Book Review: Blue Shoes and Happiness


Blue Shoes and Happiness by Alexander McCall Smith

I hated this book. I listened to it on a long drive. I should mention that I have not read the other books in this series but I had read that it didn't matter. I found the book to be uneventful; a look into the ordinary life of any woman and not a Botswanan woman. For a detective agency it seemed their work was mundane. I was hoping more of Botswana would come into the picture but it didn't and it makes me wonder why the author chose Botswana when the plot could very well be anywhere.

I will admit that I appreciated the reader using an African accent since it made listening to the book slightly more enjoyable. I have the first book in this series and still plan on reading, so I hope it will be more exciting than this one.

I am afraid of reviewing on Amazon though since everybody loved this book. I can see my review just being slammed!

Kim's Grade: C

No comments: