Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Book Review: The Complete Book of Sushi

The Complete Book of Sushi by Hideo Dekura

I love sushi! The only problem is that it can be expensive and they don't have dollar sushi like in Japan. I chose this book because it received great reviews on Amazon and I've been very pleased with it so far. The step-by-step direction of how to make sushi rice was great! They also explain what to look for when selecting fresh fish and seafood. I successfully made six rolls on Sunday and they tasted awesome! The book goes beyond sushi with several soup recipes as well. So, for those of you who are nearby there may be sushi parties in the future so that I can keep practicing!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey Kim! Lindsey's told me millions of things about you, so hopefully sometime this summer we'll actually meet. And i'd be cool if I were added as a contributer to the website, although I wouldn't put the first three that are on my blog up... I would have to re-write those to make them "the bookshelf" worthy! Let me know, yeah? See ya!
PS - I'll come to a Sushi party, for sure!